Keith W. Rice
Professor of Geography
GIS Center Director
Ph.D., University of Kansas, 1989
Cartography, geographic information systems (GIS), digital image processing, map animation and map visualization.
Map animation design and GIS education curriculum.
- "University of Wisconsin Stevens Point (UWSP) Geographic
Information Systems (GIS) Education & Research Center," U.S.
Department of Agriculture (USDA) Grant Program, K. Rice (Principal
Investigator), $1,725,056 (2008-2013).
- "Enhance Teaching, Learning and Research using GIS Technology
throughout UW System Campuses," co-director (primary investigator was
William Bajali- UW-Superior), UW System Curricula Redesign Grant Program
(Enhancing Teaching & Learning with Technology), ($39,000),
- “Building Capacity to Use Geographic Information System for Local
Government Planning in Uganda," Rockefeller Foundation (African Program)
Grant, (Primary Investigator - Benjamin Ofori-Amoah, Project director:
Keith Rice) ($356,103) 2004-06.
- National Workshop Presented - "Using Geographic Information Systems
for Environmental History," (with Keith Weber and Sally Hermansen), ASEH
Annual Meeting, Boise, Idaho, March, 2008.
- "Integrating Landscape Amenities with Historic Parcelization Trends
to Better Target Landscape Conservation Efforts," Paper presented at the
48th Annual Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning (ACSP)
Conference (Daniel McFarlene and Keith Rice, Milwaukee, Wisconsin,
- "The African Way: GIS & Cartographic Training in Uganda," Paper
presented at the 26th Annual Meeting of the North American Cartohgraphic
Information Society (NACIS), Madison, Wisconsin, October, 2006.
- Editorial Board Member and Reviewer for Cartographic Perspectives <-- Back to Faculty & Staff Page