Report all violence, criminal acts, and suspicious behavior promptly to the Police at
9-1-1 and University Police at
If you are the victim, observe a criminal act, or observe suspicious people on campus, immediately call
9-1-1 from a safe area to report the incident, including the following:
- Your name
- Nature of the incident
- Location, date, and time of the incident
- Description of person(s) involved
- Description of property involved
- If there are weapons involved
- Description and license of any vehicles involved. Note direction of travel
Do not approach or attempt to apprehend the person(s) involved.
Stay on the phone with the police dispatcher until the police arrive and provide additional information, as it becomes available or as the situation changes.
Try to remain out of sight, act cautiously, and be concerned with your personal safety.
Provide additional information assistance upon request from responding emergency personnel.