The Central Wisconsin Alliance for Early Childhood Education Program (CWAEC) is designed for individuals who will have completed an associate degree in Early Childhood Education at a Wisconsin Technical College who would like to pursue their bachelor’s degree and teacher certification in early childhood education, ages 0-8.
The School of Education at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point developed this program in collaboration with Mid-State Technical College, Nicolet College and Northcentral Technical College; however, graduates of any Wisconsin Technical College are welcome to apply.
- Classes close to home
- Quality faculty who care about your success
- Well-respected teacher certification program
- Cohort-style program
- Collaboration between UW-Stevens Point and WTCS faculty/staff
- Flexibility to schedule General Education Program requirements
- Bridge course designed to assist with the transition to UW-Stevens Point
- Academic Advisers available year-round
- Program Coordinator and WTCS campus contacts
- Praxis Subject Assessment, Foundations of Reading Test, and Education Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA) preparation
- Wisconsin teacher certification in Early Childhood Education (70-1777), ages 0-8.
Interested in joining the next cohort?
Our next cohort will begin Fall 2019. Students can begin their general education courses prior to the start of the cohort.
Students may apply for the cohort one year prior to completing their associate degree. For more information on how to be a part of this new cohort. If you have questions, please contact Miriam Meeks, CWAEC coordinator, at 715-346-2826.