1. The student, family member or other member of the university community should contact the Dean of Students Office to report a major illness or life event and seek guidance.
  2. If it is a communicable disease, the Dean of Students Office will touch base with the Director of Student Health Services and they will follow-up with the Public Health and get more information.

  3. The Dean of Student staff will notify the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and keep up to date on the status of the student.
  4. The Dean of Students Office will send an absence notification if appropriate to instructors, advisors, Residential Living staff, and in some situations the Associate Dean of the College.
  5. The Dean of Students will serve as the coordinator of services which may include Student Health Services, Counseling Center, Residential Living, University Store and Text Rental, Registrar, etc...