COVID-19 Dining Updates
CURRENT DINING TIMELINE
- May 14 | Last day of classes for the spring semester
- May 17-21 | Final exam week
- May 21-22 | Commencement
UW-Stevens Point Dining policies and procedures during COVID-19.
In response to COVID-19, Dining will be following the CDC, local health department, and UWSP administration's recommendations and guidelines to keep staff and guests safe. While this is the most updated information to date, there will be changes as we work with our partners to respond to the changing nature of COVID-19. Please continue to review our website and your university email for additional updates.
- Employees are required to wear face-covering at all times. Employees will be trained to properly wear a face covering
- All guests will be required to wear a face-covering during their visit at any dining location, and around the UWSP campus.
- Guest may only remove their covering to eat at their table.
CLEANING, SANITIZING, and DISINFECTING
- Following guidance from the CDC and local health department
- Sanitize high-contact areas in front and back of the house frequently
- Disinfect tables and chairs after each use
- Sanitize all food contact areas after each use
- Sanitation stations available for guests where appropriate
MENUS & DINING UPDATES
- Modified menus to help with quick service
- Dine-in service is available in the Upper Dining Hall for UWSP students living on campus.
- Take out and quick grab and go meals available at all other dining locations
- Touchless beverage systems will be available
Additional anti-microbial protection implemented on various touchpoints
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SAFETY PRACTICES
- Adhering to the requirements in Wisconsin Food Code
- Wearing gloves when handling food
- Full-time trained as Certified Food Protection Managers
SERVICE SAFETY PRACTICES
- Dining rooms, service areas, and kitchens will have social distancing guidelines
- Installation of barriers and sneeze shields at service and cashier locations
- Contactless payment options available at all locations
- Cashless cafeteria service
- All areas will be marked to help adhere to social distancing
- Menus and kitchen workflows adjusted to help maintain social distancing
- Avoid handing anything directly to the customer
- Designated pick up zones for customers
- Order ahead service available
Designated cleaning and disinfecting times between service periods
- Mobile ordering will be available for pick up meals at all retail locations and online reservations for the Upper Dining Hall
ADDITIONAL GUEST SAFETY PRACTICES
- Signage on our policies and safety instructions available in dining locations
- Hand sanitizer stations available at all entrances and exits to foodservice facilities
- Disposable ware will be used whenever possible
- Limited self-service areas
- Physical guides for queuing lines
- Online employee applications available
- All employees will have additional COVID-19 training on how to help keep people safe
- Only students living on campus will be allowed in cafeteria locations
All students are encouraged to check their UWSP email daily for all other updates. Our Dining Management Team is planning for the fall and will inform updates through email communication.