Why is it happening?
The DeBot Dining Center was built in 1968 with minimal renovation over the past several years. Talk of this renovation process began back in Fall 2012 after discussions with UWSP Facilities regarding the HVAC system. Our HVAC system includes three original air handlers and the current model does not have the capacity needed with today's equipment.
The purpose of the DeBot Dining Center HVAC and Interior Renovation project will address major issues including:
- Major deferred maintenance in HVAC and air supply—replacement of HVAC equipment for air supply distribution and foodservice exhaust systems.
- Installation of a fire sprinkler system throughout the building
- Elevator assessments—freight elevator replaced and extended to penthouses
- Exterior and interior door, frame and hardware assessments—main entrance vestibule and secondary entrances will be replaced
- Access to mechanical penthouses—appropriate stairwell
- Energy consumption with exterior window assessment
- Programmatic space optimization
The construction project has been postponed due to errors in architectural design. We are on track to open January 2020 to all guests.