English for College (EFC) is a three-week residential program designed specifically for students who
are learning English as an additional language. Classes meet Monday
through Friday (morning and afternoon) and include intensive work in
the areas of reading, writing, and speaking in English for academic purposes. No UWSP
credits are involved in this program.
The goals of EFC are multifaceted: to help students strengthen their academic English confidence and skills; to realistically see themselves as future university students by living and studying on campus; to better understand what it means to be "college and career ready"; and, to increase their awareness/knowledge of the college access process.
Fun While Learning
- Learn about university majors, programs, and services
- Explore possible careers and determine the classes you should
take in high school to prepare for them
- Enjoy interesting class trips and fun weekend excursions throughout Wisconsin
- Study in UWSP's library, computer labs, classrooms, etc.
- Collaborate and publish a literary magazine with your fellow EFC students
- Participate in leisure activities such as soccer, tennis, camping,
canoeing, hiking, etc.
- Make new friends from around the state: we all come
from many different cultures, so you can learn so much about the world just by being a part of our EFC family.
- Perform in a talent show
- Celebrate your EFC success with family and friends at our final banquet in the Dreyfus University Center