For information, please contact:
In Diversity and College Access at UWSP, we understand the power of precollege experiences. Our goals are to welcome, challenge, support, and inspire our students for transformational learning now as well as the opportunity for many more academic and career options in the future.
Grades: 9 - 12Program Dates: July 8-28, 2018Application Deadline: April 13, 2018 - extended to April 27, 2018English for College (EFC) is a three-week residential program for Wisconsin high school students who are passionate about attending college and seeking to improve their English language proficiency. EFC focuses on building the academic reading, writing, speaking, and research skills vital for college admission and student success. As an EFC learning community, we celebrate our diverse language and cultural traditions, so you will learn so much about the world - and yourself - just by being here.
1. Are you an English language learner who would like to improve your writing and speaking? (Your teacher or counselor will share more information with us regarding your academic goals. Note: Being enrolled in an ELL program is not a requirement for admission.)
2. Are you a Wisconsin resident who will be entering grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 in the 2018-2019 school year?
Students will need to complete & submit the following (see Cover Letter for detailed information):
1. UWSP English for College application
2. DPI Precollege Scholarship application
3. A one-page essay in the student's own words telling us why he/she would be a good participant in this program
4. English for College Rules form
5. Most recent grade report
Cover Letter 2018.doc
DPI Application 2018.doc.docx
EFC Application 2018.doc
2018 EFC Brochure.pdf
English for College is hiring for the following positions. Please click on each position to read about the job description, responsibilities and qualifications. EFC Counselors must be pior or current UWSP students in good academic standing.
What to bring letter.pdf