UW-Stevens Point Health Scholars Program - Eligibility
The Health Scholars Program is highly selective, admitting 10 students each spring semester. Students with a high level of academic performance, demonstrated commitment to rural community needs and a strong interest in health care–are encouraged to apply. Equally important in the selection process is evidence of the applicant’s work ethic, resiliency and empathy.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 and/or University Honors Student and/or Top Dog Designation
- Student must have at least 2 years of undergraduate degree work remaining to participate in the program
- Full-time and part-time student status are acceptable
- Pursuing a major in one of the following:
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Health Science (Pre-PT, Pre-AT, Pre-OT, Health Care Administration)
- Health Promotion and Wellness
- Nursing (including Pre-Nursing)
- Pre-Professional (Pre-PA, Pre-Med)
- Social Work
become available in February. Students interested in the program are asked to complete the application and develop a personal statement addressing how do your strengths and challenges set you up to be successful in your chosen health care career. Interested students will be asked to secure one letter of recommendation from a professor in your major.
Due date is April 13, 2020.