This UW System directive requires testing for students and employees on any UW-Stevens Point campus, beginning Jan. 25. UW campuses have been leaders in efforts to contain and combat COVID-19, as part of a national initiative. Regular testing is key to identifying the coronavirus early and slowing the spread of COVID-19.
- Students living on campus are to test each week.
- All students and employees who come on university property are to test every two weeks.
Appointments: Schedule your tests using these links, which will first require screening questions (please screen within 48 hours BEFORE the test, using the links below):
Screening: Stevens Point's testing site requires screening to be complete within 48 hours before the test. This process takes a few minutes so please complete before coming to the testing site here: http://covidappt.uwsp.edu/point. Note, this is different than the UWSP daily symptom screening.
Bring ID: Bring your employee or student identification (PointCard). If you don't have a card or know your number, employees may check the Employee Self Reporting System. Go to Personnel and Payroll in My Point to retrieve your UWSP ID number. (This is different than your HRS employee ID number.) Bring it with you, along with a driver's license or other ID. If you don't have a PointCard, get one here.
- Stevens Point: Employees and students may park in meter parking in Lot F East or West for 30 minutes during the testing. The 30-minute time frame will be enforced to allow enough parking for all participants.
- Marshfield: Park in south lot by the marauder statue. Enter the PE door.
- Wausau: Temporary parking is available in lots D, E or F. Enter south entrance (608-B) of fieldhouse.
Access: UW-Stevens Point's Berg gym is at the east end of Champions Hall on the second level. Please use Door #3 to Champions Hall at the Science Building crosswalk or Door #29 from Lot F East for Accessible entrances and elevators. See accessibility map and campus floor plans for more (select Centers buildings for the first and second floors.)
Paid time: Employees will be paid for the time needed to do mandatory testing. Supervisors, please work with employees on scheduling.
Test: This antigen test is a quick nasal swab. Results take 15 minutes to process; please stay for the result. If the antigen test is positive, a PCR test will be conducted on site. Anyone who has an PCR test must isolate while awaiting those results, which take 3-5 days.
You are exempt from testing for 90-days after your positive test.
Symptoms: If you have COVID-19 symptoms, do no come to campus or the testing site. Stevens Point students, contact Student Health Service. Employees, contact your health care provider or seek testing at a community testing site.
Reporting: If positive, please complete the COVID-19 reporting form. Employees should notify their supervisors. Students who test positive should submit their test results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Wisconsin System has extended community COVID-19 surge testing sites at UW System campuses.
The UW System is working in partnership with the U.S. Department of Health and Human
Services to provide 140,000 additional Abbott BinaxNOW tests and associated confirmatory PCR tests
for use across Wisconsin in the coming weeks.
These are rapid-results tests, available in about 15 minutes. Register at www.doineedacovid19test.com or call 1-800-635-8611 to test at these locations:
- Starting Monday, Feb. 1: UW-Stevens Point at Wausau
- 608 S 7th Ave, Wausau, WI 54401
- Mondays and Thursdays, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- UWSP at Wausau fieldhouse at South 7th and Garfield avenues – park in lots D, E, F or on the street
- Held with student and employee rapid testing
- Starting Tuesday, Feb. 2: UW-Stevens Point at Marshfield
- 2000 W 5th St., Marshfield, WI 54449
- Tuesdays, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- UWSP at Marshfield fieldhouse – park in south lot by the marauder statue. Enter the PE door.
- Held with student and employee rapid testing
- Starting Wednesday, Feb. 3: UW-Stevens Point
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Dreyfus University Center, 1015 Reserve St., Stevens Point, WI 54481
- Enter using the south east door (#1) and go down the hall to the second-floor food court by stairs and elevator
- Parking available in Lot R for 30 minutes
- This is separate from student and employee testing in Champions Hall
Those who test positive through the rapid-results test are urged to get a confirmatory PCR test. Individuals do not have to be experiencing symptoms or be a close contact of someone with COVID-19 to get a test, nor do they need to live in the community where the testing site is located. Individuals seeking to be tested will register online, proceed to the testing site, administer the test themselves under supervision, and label it for processing.
- Weekdays - Student Health Service provides COVID-19 tests for students who live on and off campus. These PCR tests are provided to students who have symptoms of COVID-19. Students who feel ill should call Student Health Service at 715-346-4646 for evaluation.
Student Health Service hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (closed noon-1 p.m.)
- After hours - If you have COVID-19 symptoms in the evening or on weekends, please call a medical hotline for COVID-19 information.
- Marshfield Clinic COVID-19 Helpline (24/7) 1-877-998-0880
- Ascension COVID-19 Hotline (24/7) 1-833-981-0711
- Aspirus COVID-19 Hotline (Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) 1-844-568-0701
These local medical providers are available after-hours.
For community members
Free PCR testing for symptomatic state residents is offered in communities around the state on select days. For the most current list of testing locations, see a list for statewide testing locations.
- Stevens Point - Lincoln Center, 1519 Water St., Stevens Point, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Participants are encouraged to register in advance.
Mondays - National Guard testing beginning Jan. 4
Tuesdays and Thursdays - Portage County EMS testing beginning Jan. 4
- Wausau - Testing in Marathon
County is run by Aspirus. Make an appointment by calling the Aspirus COVID-19 Hotline (Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) at 1-844-568-0701.
Wisconsin Rapids - Drive-thru testing is held Wednesdays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., at the Co. Emergency Mngmt. Shop, 555 17th Ave., Wisconsin Rapids. Pre-register here. Testing will be offered weekly through March:
- January: 6, 13, 20, 27, 2021
- February: 3, 10, 17, 24, 2021
- March: 3, 10, 2021
- NO TESTING on the following federal holidays: Feb. 15
Free testing at these sites is open to all Wisconsin residents 5 years and older who
have been notified that they are a close contact to someone who has
tested positive for COVID-19 (and is 5-7 days after their contact with
them) or who are experiencing at least one of these symptoms: fever,
cough, loss of taste/smell, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue,
body aches, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, chills or muscle aches.
- If you receive a COVID-19 test off-campus and test positive, complete the UW-Stevens Point COVID-19 reporting form so staff can support you during this time.
- If you feel ill, stay home. Do not go to class or work.
- If you have been identified by local public health officials as a close contact of someone who tests positive, monitor for symptoms and self-quarantine.