Numbers include cases reported through university-coordinated testing, our COVID-19 reporting form, as well as those reported through the COVID-19 Hotline, which may include testing that occurred off-campus through other health clinics/providers. Student employees are counted in the student numbers.
"Other" is defined as any positive cases reported to UW-Stevens Point who are neither students nor employees and may include visitors to the university, contractors or vendors, or others who have been on campus.
COVID-19 Daily Testing
While viewing the data, please keep the following in mind:
- Data includes both polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and antigen-type tests.
- Antigen tests and results are from the same day; PCR results are based on the previous business day or weekend tests.
- This represents only results from tests administered on the Stevens Point campus through Student Health Service and Weber Health Logistics. It does not include tests of students or employees conducted by off-campus health care providers, at the Wausau or Marshfield campus, or at community testing sites.
- This percentage does not represent the ratio of positive cases compared to the full student body or campus community. It reflects testing administered to both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals.
- UW-Stevens Point administers two types of tests. Antigen tests are used for screening asymptomatic students and employees. Results are turned around quickly, but can be less accurate. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests are used for symptomatic individuals, close contacts as testing capacity allows and to confirm positive antigen tests. They are more accurate, but results are available about 3-5 days after the test. Because one individual may receive both a positive antigen test and a positive PCR test, our data does include duplicates. Consequently, the number of positive tests should not be confused with the number of confirmed cases.
In addition to these factors, the University is monitoring a wide set of data related to the presence of COVID-19 in Wisconsin:
The university is also monitoring the current PPE supply and supply chain, and staffing levels across all campuses.
Isolation and Quarantine Available Capacity
UW-Stevens Point has designated space on campus for students
living in residence halls to isolate or quarantine. Students may choose to quarantine
or isolate at home instead of UWSP facilities.