Expand your horizons as a writer by taking one-on-one playwriting lessons through the UW-Stevens Point Arts and Culture Outreach program, with instruction provided by program staff and students in the dynamic and growth-oriented environment of the UWSP Campus.
Playwriting lessons will focus on the development of the following:
- Appreciation and understanding of theatre
- Knowledge of theatrical technique and thought
- Plot structure
- Dialogue flow
- Creating characters
- Describing a setting
- Building conflict
- Incorporating feedback
Lessons are open to any age and any individual interested. No previous experience in playwriting or involvement in theatre is required.
Please review pricing and available instructors.
- Fall lessons officially start on June 1, 2018. Arrangments to start lessons earlier can be made between instructor and student.
- Lessons take place once weekly unless arranged differently with the instructor.
- Only one student with the instructor at one lesson time. No group lessons.
- Once you register, an instructor will be assigned. The instructor will contact you to arrange the lesson dates and times. Please allow up to 10 days for them to contact you.
- Lessons will take place on campus at an agreed upon location by the instructor and student.
- Fall music lessons must be completed by the end of August 26, 2018. Lessons do not rollover into the next term.