Kentucky Culture: Art, Bourbon, and BBQ Trip
October 2-6, 2018 (Tuesday- Saturday)
We will immerse ourselves in Kentucky Culture: Art, Bourbon, and BBQ!
- Enjoy the Kentucky countryside while sampling local beverages and cuisine!
- Visit one or more of the attractions on Museum Row!
- Experience the St. James Court Art Fair in Old Louisville!
- Fill a Bourbon Passport (for two) for your free t-shirt!
Limited spots available!
- Round-trip flight (CWA-Mosinee/Louisville)
- Transfers between airport and hotel, with a roof top welcome reception at the hotel
- Lodging centrally located near 4th St Live, Museum Row (featuring the Louisville Slugger Museum and Bat Factory, the Frazier History Museum and Kentucky Science Center, and the Muhammad Ali Center), the Bourbon Urban Tour, and restaurants that are a foodies' fantasy
- Full breakfasts at the Hilton Garden Inn (four nights double occupancy)
- Three full days of customized tours led by Mint Julep Tour Company – one of Conde Nast Traveler's "Best Guided Drinking Tours in America"
- St. James Court Art Show – a juried fine arts and contemporary crafts show held among the country's largest collection of Victorian homes in the heart of historic Old Louisville
- Orientation meeting approximately two months before the trip
The price of the trip is $1900 based on double occupancy. Your deposit will be applied to the total trip cost. If you require a single room, the cost is an additional $900. Travelers who make their own flight arrangements will receive a $400 discount (initial $300 deposit is still required).
A non-refundable deposit of $300 per person is required with your registration as we must book non-refundable airfare, hotel rooms, and tour tickets. Once paid, each payment is non-refundable.
Travelers may wish to explore purchasing traveler's insurance (researched and purchased by traveler – we cannot recommend any particular company).
- Traveling for this trip requires some frequent walking, especially at distilleries. Please be prepared to walk up to a half a mile at a time. Walking several miles in a day is common, but can be avoided via the free zero bus in Louisville.
- Travelers under age 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- UWSP Continuing Education does not provide travel insurance, medical, or emergency evacuation and thus you are 100% responsible for these expenses. We strongly advise you purchase travel insurance as soon as possible after registering for a trip because some insuance providers only guarentee certain benefits within a short time after you make a travel deposit. We also advise carrying health insurance while on any tour as well.
- Travelers may want to conside short-term traveler's insurance that covers baggage, accident/life, trip interruption, trip cancellation, and more. Visit Travel Insurance Review to answer any of your travel insuarance questions, get tips, and advice, or compare different providers.