Frank P. Saladis Certificate in Project Management
The project management certificate program will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and tools you need to successfully manage projects and project teams. And for those that have already been doing that professionally, this program can prepare experienced project managers to pass the PMP® exam.
UW-Stevens Point offers the Frank P. Saladis Certificate in Project Management Program for a certificate program that fits your life.
- Online instruction
- One-on-one coaching
- Hands on experience
- Convenient scheduling
- Discounted group rates
- Continuing education hours from the University of Wisconsin-Extension
- ...and more fantastic benefits!
Offering an innovative and collaborative education opportunity, providing participants with a targeted and unique learning opportunity.
Three Program Options Available
Fundamentals of Project Management
This track provides an introduction to general project management best practices. It introduces the student to a roadmap for good processes, the basic tools and techniques of professional project management, and guides students through the development of a professional project management plan with the assistance of an experienced coach/mentor. This program helps students gain the basic skills required to take on project management responsibilities in a professional work environment.
PMP® Credential Exam Preparation
The PMP® Credential Exam Prep track is for students who have significant project management work experience, and are eligible for the PMP® credential, but who need a thorough understanding of all of the project management processes to be prepared to pass the exam and perform at the level expected of a PMP. This involves a deep online preparation course and the opportunity to work with an expert PMP® exam prep instructor.
Participants in this track have the option of participating in their instructor sessions individually or as part of a cohort group.
Specific Industry Project Management or Special Topics
This track is for project managers who are looking at industry specific study in project management, a specific methodology, or a deep look into a specialty topic. We have many experienced instructors that focus on specialty areas including rescuing troubled projects, starting a PMO, Vision to Value training, and more.(See a more complete list here.)
2017-2018 Program Fees
- $2,000 per person
- $1,600 per person if registering three or more participants from the same company (20% savings!)
Call 715-346-3861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today to learn more about group rates.
The program fee includes a copy of the Project Management Workbook by Kay Wais, PMP. The workbook contains a detailed 52-step roadmap that covers every project management responsibility from project initiation to closure. The workbook is an excellent resource to participants during and after the certificate program.
Open Enrollment: Participants may enroll and start at any time. Participants should expect to dedicate 56 hours to the program – including six one hour scheduled session dates. Participants may work at fast pace and complete the program in a few weeks or take up to a maximum of one year if needed.
Not sure if this program is for you?
Set up a one-on-one, no-obligation informational session with the program director prior to registration to help you determine if this program is a good match for your needs. The discussion will explain course customization, course design elements, and the peer evaluation process. Call 715-346-3861 or email email@example.com to schedule an information session.
For specific content questions on the project management training and exam prep, call Renee Adair at 512-656-7625 or e-mail
More information can also be found at successfulprojects.com/fps
All instructors have served in senior level project management positions and are PMP® credential holders. More information on instructors can be found at successfulprojects.com/about-us/instructors
See what others are saying about the Frank P. Saladis Certificate in Project Management program!I took this course to develop a solid understanding of the fundamentals of project management. This course helped me to focus my existing skills into the systems of project management. I know that the knowledge I have gained has and will make me better at serving my numerous customers. As a result of the one-on-one coaching, I was able to provide my manager with several products (homework) from the course.
- Barry Wolfgram, Family Health Center of Marshfield Inc.I enjoyed the Project Management Certificate Program because I was able to set my own pace. My instructor also worked with me to customize the course based on my specific needs and professional goals. The self- and peer-assessment that kicks off the program was very enlightening. I learned so much. Every business should send their employees through this certificate program because it provides a flexible project management toolkit that can be applied to reduce costs and improve success.
- Finniam Cullen, Clinical Systems Analyst, Franciscan Skemp HealthcareThis Project Management Certificate Program was perfect for me because it was flexible and self-directed so it fit well into my tight schedule. The discussions with my instructor made the coursework tangible and directly applicable to a multi-year project I am managing at Trane. I would recommend the Project Management Certificate Program to others without hesitation.
- Sean Smith, PE, Project Leader, Trane
Continuing Education and Outreach Cancellation Policy
To review our cancellation policy, please click here.