New York City Theatre and Culture Trips
Spring Trip: May 29 - June 2, 2018 (Tues. - Sat.)
Fall Trip: September 25 - 29, 2018 (Tues. - Sat.)
We will immerse ourselves in New York theatre and sightseeing in this trip designed for active, self-motivated travelers.
Our shows are selected based upon the Tony award nominees and winners. In addition to our custom city tour, we will arrange additional tours based upon group interest (optional and additional cost). Past tours have included Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge Walk, 9/11 Memorial, Tenement Museum, Architectural Boat Cruise--just to name a few!
- Round-trip flight (Milwaukee/New York)
- Coach transfers between Stevens Point and Milwaukee
- Coach transfers between airport and hotel
- Lodging centrally located near Times Square/Broadway and subway lines (four nights double occupancy)
- Full breakfasts at the Hampton Inn-Times Square North
- Four Broadway shows
- Custom city tour followed by a group lunch
- Orientation meeting approximately two months before the trip
The price of the trip is $2,500 based on double occupancy (same price as 2017!). Your deposit will be applied to the total trip cost. If you require a single room, the cost is an additional $850. Travelers who make their own flight arrangements will receive a $300 discount (initial $300 deposit is still required).
A non-refundable deposit of $300 per person is required with your registration as we must book non-refundable airfare, hotel rooms, and theatre tickets. Once paid, each payment is non-refundable.
- Traveling within New York City requires frequent walking and stairs. Please be prepared to walk up to a half a mile at a time. Walking several miles in a day is common, but can be avoided via subways and taxis. Broadway theaters and New York subways often require some steep stairs. Most of the shows are approximately five blocks from our hotel.
- Travelers under age 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- These trips frequently fill quickly, sometimes in less than 24-hours. We encourage you to act quickly to reserve your place.
- UWSP Continuing Education does not provide travel insurance, medical, or emergency evacuation and thus you are 100% responsible for these expenses. We strongly advise you purchase travel insurance as soon as possible after registering for a trip because some insuance providers only guarentee certain benefits within a short time after you make a travel deposit. We also advise carrying health insurance while on any tour as well.
Travelers may want to conside short-term traveler's insurance that covers baggage, accident/life, trip interruption, trip cancellation, and more. Visit Travel Insurance Review to answer any of your travel insuarance questions, get tips, and advice, or compare different providers.