NRES 410/610 Section 88: WAEE Winter Workshop Course
- 1 credit course taught by Becca Franzen
- Hybrid course (75% off-campus, 25% online)
- Class dates: 1/22/2018 - 2/16/2018
The WAEE Winter Workshop theme will be EnCOMPASSing: Progress, Perspectives, and Possibililities in EE.
- Progress: How are leaders advancing their organizations and the field of EE
- Perspectives: How can we expand our understanding of the nature, people, and society around us to be more diverse and inclusive?
- Possibilities: How can we deepen our capacity to engage and inspire learners through hands-on ideas, resources, and collaboration?
To receive credit for this course, you must attend the entire WAEE Winter Workshop on January 19-21, 2018 at Treehaven (W2540 Pickerel Creek Rd, Tomahawk, WI 54487).
To register for the WAEE Workshop, please visit: http://www.waee.dreamhosters.com/winter-workshop. Open Registration is through January 23, 2018.
Rebecca Franzen, Ph.D.
Becca joined the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point in 2012 in a dual role as staff of the WCEE and teaching faculty in the College of Natural Resources. Becca has been an environmental educator since the early 1990s and now enjoys teaching college courses in environmental education. She also works with graduate students, reviews applications for environmental science teaching licensure, and coordinates the Teacher Educator Network for Environmental Education. Becca has a B.S. in environmental education and interpretation and an M.S. in human and community resources from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. She earned an Ed.D. through Northern Illinois University in curriculum and instruction with a specialization in social studies, science, and environmental education. In her spare time, Becca likes to go fishing, camping, hiking, and skiing.