The Diversity Council has authority to advise on and recommend policies to the Common Council on matters pertaining to:
- Developing and maintaining a supportive atmosphere for the inclusion and appreciation of diversity among all members of the university community.
- Strategic efforts regarding diversity within educational and work settings.
- Integrating faculty, staff, and students into the larger university community.
- Fostering a university environment that is inclusive and supportive of differences.
- Advising the Chief Diversity Officer on the implementation of the Diversity Plan and Inclusive Excellence.
- Serving as an advisory Council for the Office of Diversity and College Access
- Advising university leaders and shared governance groups regarding diversity and inclusive excellence.