Chair, Lindsay Bernhagen (2020-2021)
Membership and Meeting Schedules can be found here
Scope and Authority: The committee shall have the authority to make recommendations on matters and
1. Developing and maintaining a supportive atmosphere for the inclusion and appreciation of diversity
among all members of the university community.
2. Strategic efforts regarding diversity within educational and work settings.
3. Integrating faculty, staff, and students into the larger university community.
4. Fostering a university environment that is inclusive and supportive of differences.
5. Advising the Senior Diversity Officer on the implementation of the Diversity Plan and Inclusive
Constitution of the Common Council p. 23 of 38
6. Serving as an advisory Council for the Office of Diversity and College Access.
7. Advising university leaders and shared governance groups regarding diversity and inclusive