Groundwater Workshop Application & Resources
Thank you to all who have applied for the 2019 Groundwater Model Teacher Workshops. All of the applicants for the 2019 teacher workshops have been selected and notified.
Anyone interested in participating in the 2020 Groundwater Workshops should check back in October of 2019 when the call for applications is released. If you would like to be put on a mailing list to be notified when applications for next year's workshops are open, please email Kevin Masarik.
What past participants have said about the workshops
We recently evaluated the effectiveness of the groundwater models and the workshops that have been conducted over the past 10 years. Click here to view the Executive Summary
- Groundwater Introduction - This presentation provides a brief Introduction into groundwater basics
- WI Geology and Aquifers - Slides of Wisconsin geology and properties of our major aquifers
- It'll Go with the Flow - Slides to be used with the water table mapping exercise found in the Groundwater Study Guide.
- Quantitative Exercise - Darcy's Law - Lesson for demonstrating how to calculate darcy's law using the sand-tank groundwater flow model.
- Groundwater Model Worksheet - Step-by-step instructions for conveying the basic concepts of groundwater using the sand-tank groundwater model.
Groundwater related video links
Aquifer penetration using Groundwater Model - YouTube
Groundwater Model Demo with Captions - YouTube
Testing Well Water for Microorganisms - WRI video link
A New Measure of Groundwater Flow - WRI video link
Little Plover River Pump Test - YouTube
What's Wrong With My Water? - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
WI Well Water Quality Viewer - Search for well water quality information in your community using this interactive mapping viewer.
Ordering Groundwater Model Parts and Supplies
UWSP Groundwater Model Project - for ordering extra parts or model repair