Groundwater Workshop Resources
We recently evaluated the effectiveness of the groundwater models and the workshops that have been conducted over the past 10 years. Click here to view the Executive Summary
- Groundwater Basics - Presentation on basic groundwater concepts and introductory material.
- Groundwater Introduction - This presentation contains additional slides that can be used to provide a brief Introduction into groundwater basics
- WI Geology and Aquifers - Slides of Wisconsin geology and properties of our major aquifers
- It'll Go with the Flow - Slides to be used with the water table mapping exercise found in the Groundwater Study Guide.
- Quantitative Exercise - Darcy's Law - Lesson for demonstrating how to calculate darcy's law using the sand-tank groundwater flow model.
- Groundwater Model Worksheet - Step-by-step instructions for conveying the basic concepts of groundwater using the sand-tank groundwater model.
Groundwater related video links
Aquifer penetration using Groundwater Model - YouTube
Groundwater Model Demo with Captions - YouTube
Testing Well Water for Microorganisms - WRI video link
A New Measure of Groundwater Flow - WRI video link
Little Plover River Pump Test - YouTube
What's Wrong With My Water? - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
WI Well Water Quality Viewer - Search for well water quality information in your community using this interactive mapping viewer.
Ordering Groundwater Model Parts and Supplies
UWSP Groundwater Model Project - for ordering extra parts or model repair