Outdoor Gear Rentals
Schmeeckle Reserve is your source for outdoor equipment rentals in central Wisconsin. We offer a variety of recreational gear for your outdoor adventures, including canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, tents, backpacks, snowshoes, and cross-country skis. Gear can be taken off-site to wherever your adventures lead.
See below for our inventory and prices.
Join the Friends of Schmeeckle Reserve for special discounts! UWSP students can join for just $10, and the membership lasts for a year.
Group rates of 15% off are also available when 5 or more of the same items are rented together.
Schmeeckle Reserve Visitor Center, 2419 North Point Drive, Stevens Point
Special COVID-19 procedures
To limit the spread of COVID-19, the following procedures have been established until further notice:
- Rentals are available 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but equipment must be reserved at least 2 days in advance.
- Payment will only be accepted by
credit or debit card online or over the phone (instructions will be provided when making reservations).
- The visitor center remains closed. Equipment must be picked up and dropped off outside of the visitor center at a
predetermined date and time (between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.)
- Equipment will be sanitized or quarantined for
at least 3 days before being rented out again.
- Sleeping bags will not be rented out.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at 715-346-4992 or
To make your reservation request, use our
online form by clicking below. Note that making a request
does not guarantee that equipment will be available. Schmeeckle staff will contact you within 1 business day to confirm.
Click here to request your outdoor equipment