Friends of Schmeeckle Reserve
The Friends of Schmeeckle Reserve is a community-based nonprofit organization that supports the Reserve.
The mission of the Friends is to support the work of and advocate for Schmeeckle Reserve through engaging the local and wider communities. The Friends supports the Reserve through:
Programs and Outreach: Fostering appreciation, deeper understanding, and commitment to maintaining and improving the Reserve.
Land Management and Acquisition: Participating in and inviting the community to help with the work of the Reserve and to extend its land.
Funding and Resources: Reaching out to the community to provide resources and funding to enhance the work of the Reserve.
Friends Board of Directors
A board of directors oversees the Friends of Schmeeckle Reserve nonprofit organization. Current board members are:
President: Jerry Lineberger, UW-Stevens Point (UWSP), Retired
Vice-President: Ron Zimmerman, Schmeeckle Reserve, Retired
Treasurer: Rick Rothman, UWSP Retired
Secretary: Barbara Dixson, UWSP, Retired
Student Representative: Will Scheder, UWSP
Student Representative: Natasha Trush, UWSP
- Dr. Michael Gross, UWSP, Retired
- Bernard Hlavac, Sentry Insurance, Retired
- Jackie Meyers, Stevens Point Area YMCA
- Mike Orella, UWSP, Retired
- Ross Rettler, Rettler Corp.
- Nancy Ross, Indiana University, Retired
- Melissa Ruether, Wisconsin Center for Environmental Education
- Tim Taschwer, TKE Educational Foundation, Retired
- Chris Thompson, Ascension St. Michael's Hospital
- Rick Wyman, Kickapoo Valley Cheese, Retired
All Friends of Schmeeckle Reserve members who joined in 2014, which was the year the group began accepting memberships, are listed as charter members of the organization.
Click here to see a list of charter members.