This comprehensive training
program is designed and facilitated by industry professionals, who will lead
you through the knowledge and skills needed to plan and manage
sustainable utility vegetation management (UVM) program plans. This UVM program
is composed of 2 certificates and a credential preparation course and 100%
online. The Foundations of UVM Certificate is comprised of 5 courses and can
be completed in one year. The Professional UVM Certificate is composed of 3,
10-week online courses which are application and project-based. The final
course pulls together all information participants have learned with the 2 certificate
programs and prepares them for a credential that can be earned through the
UAA/UMVA. Courses are designed to enhance the understanding and application
of industry's best practices including safety, integrated vegetation
management, project management, and sustainable utility corridor planning.
The Utility Vegetation Management certificate program is designed for individuals working within the utility and arboricultural industries who wish to develop and enhance their knowledge and skills related to developing and implementing UVM programs. This program is a pathway for career development and advancement.
The program is comprised of 2 certificate series and a credential preparatory course:
1. North American Electrical Systems
2. Utility Arboriculture
3. Leadership and Organizations
4. Program and Project Management
5. Integrated Vegetation Management
UVM Professional Certificate
- UVM Compliance and Stakeholder Management;
- UVM Scope, Cost, and Procurement Management;
- UVM Safety, Risk, and Quality Management;
UVM Credential Prep Course
Course Grading and Certificates
Each course is graded on an A to F scale. Individuals who obtain at least a "C" average, 70%, in each course will be awarded a course certificate of completion from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
To earn the Foundations of UVM or UVM Professional Certificate an average of 75% or higher must be obtained across all associated courses.
Students who complete the Foundations of UVM Certificate, UVM Professional Certificate, and the UVM Program Planning course are eligible to apply for the Utility Arborist Association (UAA) professional credential.
UVM Scholarship Program
Utility Arborist Association (UAA) in cooperation with Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) is proud to offer full-tuition scholarships for the Utility Vegetation Management Certificate Program. These scholarships, which cover tuition for all UVM courses, are available to residents of California and its bordering states. To learn more about
the scholarship program and for information on how to apply visit UVM
Scholarships UAA Scholarship Page.
Questions regarding the scholarship and eligibility can be directed to email@example.com.
- North American Electrical Systems - $600 (5 weeks)
- Utility Arboriculture - $600 (5 weeks)
- Leadership and Organizations - $500 (4 weeks)
- Programs and Project Management - $600 (5 weeks)
- Integrated Vegetation Management - $400 (3 weeks)
- Compliance and Stakeholder Management - $1050 (10 weeks)
- Scope, Cost & Procurement Management- $1050 (10 weeks)
- Safety, Risk & Quality Management - $1050 (10 weeks)
- UVM Program Planning - $1050 (12 weeks)
Total: $6,900 (+ textbooks)