Lake Tides Archives - Lake Organizations
The FREE newsletter for people interested in Wisconsin Lakes
Articles related to Lake Organizations
(how to download articles at bottom of page)
- Lake District Q&A (Summer 2009) - The question this issue...Can a lake district change its boundaries?
- Lake District Q&A (Winter 2008) - The question this issue...What should lake districts do about board of commissioner representation when their established boundaries cross a number of municipalities and the governing body with the largest assessed value of property in the district changes from one year to the next?
- Lake District Q&A (Fall 2008) - The question this issue...Do lake districts need to abide by open meetings and public records policy?
- Lake District Q&A (Summer 2008) - The question this issue...Where is the best place to store lake district records?
- Lake District Q&A (Spring 2008) - The question this issue... Which records of a lake district must be available to the public?
- Lake Planning Series: A Call to Action (Fall 2007) - Learn why it is important to have an implementation/action plan when working on lake management and get some tips on how to do it well.
- Lake District Q&A (Fall 2007) - The question this issue... Is there a limit on how much a lake district can tax?
- Lake District Q&A (Summer 2007) - The question this issue... Does a lake district need to get bids?
- Lake Planning Series: Common Lake Grant Pitfalls (Spring 2007) - Has your lake organization experienced the grant process? Learn how to avoid some of the common pitfalls and implement a better grant.
- Raking in the Data: New Protocol for Aquatic Plant Surveys (Spring 2007) - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has worked to create new protocol to make aquatic plant management work for you!
- Lake Districts Q&A (Spring 2007) - The question this issue... Who can vote at a lake district annual meeting?
- Lake Districts Q&A (Winter 2007) - The question this issue... What are the requirements for annual meeting notices?
- Grants in your Pants: Two Cost-sharing Programs Available (Fall 2006) - Find out how and when to apply for the Targeted Runoff Management (TRM) and Urban Nonpoint Source and Storm Water Management (UNPS) grants.
- Assistance for Your Lake Planning Grant Project (Fall 2006) - The third part of a series of articles about lake planning.
- Lake Districts Q&A (Fall 2006) - The questions this issue... Are lake districts tax exempt?
- Lake Districts Q&A (Summer 2006) - The question this issue...What is a Special Meeting and how is it different form the Annual Meeting?
- Collecting Credible Data (Summer 2006) - Get informed about the specific methods used by the Citizen Lake Monitoring Network to take secchi disk readings
- Planning With A Purpose (Summer 2006) - The second part of a series of articles about lake planning.
- Lake Planning (Spring 2006) - Thinking about a lake planning project? Find out some important questions to ask before starting.
- Who's Who in Citizen-Based Monitoring (Fall 2005) - get involved as a monitor
- Lost in the Mail: Getting a PO Box (Fall 2005) - make sure your lake organization gets all of the current information about lakes as well as other important communications
- Making Lake Life Easier: The Wisconsin Lake List Directory (Fall 2005) - search this directory to find Wisconsin lake organizations, businesses servicing them, and links to sources of assistance
- Can You Risk It? Insurance for Lake Organizations (Fall 2005) - Basic information for lake organizations looking into what type of insurance fits them best.
- Lake Districts Q (Fall 2005) - The question this issue...Can a lake district use absentee or proxy voting?
- New Edition of Lake District Guide (Summer 2005) - This 11th edition has been split into two publications to help answer lake organizational questions...available soon.
- Lake District Q (Summer 2005) - The start of a series of questions regarding Lake Districts
- Help With Your Newsletter (Winter 2005) - Use articles and photos from the UWEX-Lakes Program to educate your readers.
- How Effective are Lake Organizations Part II (Winter 2003) - Covers issues, effectiveness, what lake organizations do, and funding of Wisconsin lake organizations
- How Effective are Lake Organizations Part I (Fall 2002) - Covers lake characteristics, organizations characteristics, revenues/expenditures, and management goals of Wisconsin lake organizations
Instructions for downloading Articles that are in PDF (using Adobe Acrobat 5.0)
- Select the PDF that includes the article you wish to download. This will open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Click the Copy Text icon from the toolbar.
- Left-click and drag to select the text of the article you wish to reprint.
- Once you have the article highlighted, right-click and select Copy from the menu.
- Open any text editor such as Microsoft Wordï¿½, Notepad, etc. and open a new document.
- Right-click inside the new document and select Paste from the menu that appears.
- All of the text you selected should now be pasted into this new document.
- In your newsletter, please insert the line “Reprinted from Lake Tides” along with the date of the issue. If the article you choose has a particular by-line, include that in your newsletter also.
Email us at email@example.com or call us at (715) 346-2116 to subscribe to Lake Tides, it's FREE!
Use our articles in YOUR newsletter:
We encourage you to use any of these articles for educational purposes (commercial use prohibited). Please credit the source by inserting the line "reprinted from Lake Tides" and include the volume and number as well as the byline (if there is a byline). For a directory of articles and downloading instructions, go to our archive by topic links.
Submit an article:
Do you have an idea for an article you think our readers would be interested in?
Submit an article to be considered for a future issue of Lake Tides!