NEW this year...with the age of cell phone cameras that have amazing clarity (and are super portable), we are changing our photo contest rules! Instead of asking for already printed photos, we are accepting DIGITAL IMAGES ONLY. We will be printing your photos on full-color, 13x19 paper and displaying them at this year's Convention (your normal 4x6 dimension, high-resolution image will fit nicely on this paper). That means your image file size MUST be at least 3 MB. To find the file size in Windows, right click on the image in your File Explorer and choose "properties."
We know you see your lake or river's beautiful sunrises and sunsets, the amazing flora and fauna that call it home, and its resiliency throughout the seasons. If you have captured some of these treasured views, we would love for you to share them with us by entering ONLY TWO of your best photos into the Lakes & Rivers Photo Contest - you could win $100!
People enjoying lakes/rivers. Images with people fishing, canoeing, skiing, swimming, etc.
(Limit: ONE entry per individual*)
Natural features in and around lakes/rivers and under water. Examples include wildlife, vegetation, geology, insects, close-ups of aquatic life.
(Limit: ONE entry per individual*)
*A maximum of TWO entries per individual - ONLY ONE in each category.
- The contest is open to anyone. (Photos that have already received an award in this contest may
not be re-entered.)
- Photos must be taken in or near Wisconsin.
- You must complete a separate entry form (click here) for each photo (Maximum of 2). You will be asked to sign in to Google. If you do not have a Google login/password, you will be asked to create one.
- Image file size must be at least 3 MB in order to print clearly on our 13x19 paper (your normal 4x6 dimension, high-resolution image will fit nicely on this paper).
- Edits or enhancements with photo editing software are allowed and encouraged to make your image the best it can be.
- The Wisconsin Lakes Partnership reserves the right to use an electronic or film copy of any image entered in the contest, for non-commercial educational or promotional use, with attribution to the photographer. For example, prints may be created for a traveling display that promotes the lakes partnership, used in a publication, or by a lake or river organization. UWEX is not responsible for lost or damaged photos.
Photos will be judged by a 3-member panel. Criteria for judging includes visual impact, technical merit and composition.
Awards and Prizes:
At their discretion, judges may award first, second, and third places, as well as honorable mentions for each of the two categories (People enjoying lakes/rivers AND Natural features in and around lakes/rivers and underwater).
- 1st Place: $100 prize
- 2nd Place: $50 prize
- 3rd Place: $25 prize
- Honorable Mention: Ribbon
- Popular vote (chosen by convention attendees): Ribbon
Enter your photos electronically HERE. You will be asked to sign in to Google. If you do not have a Google login/password, you will be asked to create one.
Your digital images will be printed in full color on 13x19 paper and will be displayed at the 42nd Annual Wisconsin Lakes & Rivers Convention, April 1-3, 2020 at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center, Stevens Point. If you are attending the convention, you are welcome to take your print(s) with you after noon on Friday, April 3, 2020.
Please contact Amy Kowalski at email@example.com or 715-346-4744.