- Purdue University, Ph.D.
- Saint Cloud State University, M.A.
- Saint John's University, B.S.
Courses Taught - Spring 2020
- APC 495 - Applied Computing Project
- CNMT 480 - Senior Capstone
- CIS 499/WD 399 - Independent Study
Select Grants and Fund-Raising (Life-time fundraising and grantwriting: $4.7MM)
- "IT Talent Development in Computing and New Media Technologies," ($94,000), Primary Investigator, UW-System Innovation Grant. 2017.
- "Sentry Insurance Endowed Chairs of Data Analytics" (2), ($4,000,000) with M. Loy, L. Matesi, C. Richards, C. Cirmo, T. Romano, G. Summers and C. Winn. 2016.
- "Sentry Insurance Co-Op Opportunities", an exclusive, multi-year opportunity for CIS and WD majors to experience a start-up-like environment with a well-established local employer. 2016.
- "Central Wisconsin Information Technology Alliance (CWITA) Faculty Position" ($75,000) with contributions from Delta Dental, Eastbay Footlocker, Heartland Farms, Sentry Insurance and Skyward. 2015.
- "Tyler Stangel Innovation Grant," with T. Romano (more than
$2,500) six lead alumni donors and a department first to receive alumni donations to spur innovation at the undergraduate level. 2015 - Date
- "Creating a Mobile Application to Support First Year Experience (FYE) and First Year Seminar (FYS)," Primary Investigator, ($17,000), UW-System Innovation Grant. 2015.
- "Wisconsin Fast Forward Working Training Grant Application," Primary Investigator for Sub-Grant Awardee, ($394,167), total award, 50% match), with North Central Wisconsin Development Board, MidState Technical College, Delta Dental, Skyward and Sentry Insurance. 2015.
- FINALIST, University Economic Development Association - 2018
- University Mentor Leadership Award - 2016
- Nominee, Teaching Excellence Award - 2010
- Member, The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi - 1996 - Date
Professional Organizations and Awards
- Hatch Entrepreneurship Award (2nd place) - 2019
- Association for Computing and Machinery (ACM) - 2009 - Date
- Association of Information Technology Professionals - 2007 - Date
Scholarship & Research
"Iterative Peer Review for Professinal Development". MICS 2020 [moved online]. April 2, 2020. Read
Innovative Talent Development: Sentry Insurance Co-Op," Strategic Partnerships Conference, SUNY-Albany, Oct. 23, 2019. With J. Resch.
"User Adaptability in Response to Computer System Delay." American Psychological Society Annual Convention, May 26, 2017. With B. Hall and J. Rueb.
"A Usability Analysis of a Fuzzy Match Search Engine for Physician Directories." American Medical Informatics Association. Nov. 17, 2014. A. Mahnke, K. Baker, T. Krause, C. Christian, K. Hale and K. Kautz.
"User-Centered and Participatory Design Case Studies." With Amod Damle. World Usability Day, Marshfield, WI, Nov. 12, 2009.
"What’s in Social Networking for Me?" with K. Keller, M. Knowles & K. Davis. APCC Consulting Institute, Portsmouth VA, Nov. 5, 2009.
"Technology-facilitated Project Management in Business Writing Courses." Association for Business Communication National Conference, Portsmouth VA, Nov. 4, 2009.
"Service Learning as an Adult Recruitment and Retention Tool." Adult Recruitment and Retention Conference, UW-Madison, Oct. 26, 2009.
"Project Management in Communication Courses." Wisconsin Statewide Communication Conference, UW-Stevens Point, Oct. 9, 2009.
"Integrating Technology with Service-Learning and Civic Engagement" (2015), In Service-Learning and Civic Engagement. O. Delano-Oriaran, M.W. Parks and S. Fondrie, Eds. Sage Publications.