Student Response System (clickers)
Student or Audience Response Systems (SRS or ARS) (affectionately known as clickers), are small handheld keypads or software used for polling during your presentation to gather immediate feedback from students or audience. Aggregate responses are then displayed as a graph on your presentation screen.
UWSP has adopted Turning Technologies as our campus-standard, and supported, ARS. Clickers work interchangably on Mac and Windows platforms. Students will need to purchase a Turning Point code from the bookstore, and activate it before they can use a clicker in class. One code is good for all of a student's classes. There is also the option of allowing students to use their own devices (smartphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) to participate in polling. If instructors require a clicker device, students can check out a clicker from the IT Service Desk at no additional charge.
Student Instructions for Using Clickers at UWSP (PDF)
Instructor Steps for Using Turning Point Cloud (PDF)
How can I use clickers?
- Engage students for more active learning
- Gauge whether students have read (and understand) what they were assigned
- Anonymous polling on opinion and sensitive topics
- Poll once to generate a baseline for what your students or audience knows/thinks before you introduce a concept. Poll again later to see if their understanding or opinion has changed.
- Associate clickers and polling data to your class roster
- Multiple choice and short answer polling
- Assign points for correct answers
- Generate reports from your clicker data
- Demographic comparison and team slides
Clicker Cases for Checkout
Cases are no longer available for checkout.
Using Clickers in Your Class?
Content for your syllabus
Please contact Sean Ruppert at
firstname.lastname@example.org for training, or simply to discuss clickers and their possibilities. Instructors, please complete this
form to request clicker activation for your classes.