Frequently Asked Questions

PointCard & PointCash FAQs

 How do I care for my PointCard?

If your PointCard is damaged through misuse or negligence, you will be responsible for paying the replacement fee. Here are some helpful hints: 
  • Do not bend or crease your card. Doing so may interfere with the card's magnetic stripe and result in a non-working card.
  • Do not expose your card to extreme heat, allow it to go through the washing machine, or expose it to other elements that may damage your card. 
  • Do not store your ID card directly next to another card that has a magnetic stripe. This may cause one or both of the cards to lose their magnetic encoding. 

If you have problems using your PointCard, please call 715-346-2012 or visit the PointCard Office, DUC Rm 340​

 Why should I report a lost/stolen PointCard?

If your card is lost or stolen, you should report it immediately by going to GET. Once you deactivate your card you will need to purchase a new card at the PointCard Office. Deactivated cards CANNOT be reactivated. 

By reporting your lost/stolen card within two days, you will limit your PointCASH losses to $50. If you have activated the U.S. Bank ATM privilege, you should also contact the bank immediately at 715-343-2210 during regular business hours or 800-872-2657 after hours to deactivate your card.

 What is PointCash?

PointCash is a declining balance account accessed through your PointCard that can be used to pay for goods and services at a variety of participating locations both on and off campus. Simply put, it functions like a preloaded cash card—the money added to your PointCard as PointCash becomes PointCash at an equal 1 U.S. dollar to 1 PointCash dollar. PointCash stays on your PointCard account for as long as you are a registered student at UWSP. 

 How do I deposit PointCash on my account?

PointCASH may be deposited as follows:

  • Purchase online by VISA, Discover or MasterCard. Use the mobile app or go to GET.
  •  *There is a $2.00 convenience fee per transaction when ADDING PointCash to your account with a credit/debit card (both online and in the PointCard Office). 
  • Visit the PointCard Office: Cash, check or *credit/debit card.
  • Cash to Card Kiosks, DUC & MCCH (DeBot next Jan): Cash ($5, $10, or $20 bills)​
  • Mail a check to: PointCard Office, Room 340, 1015 Reserve Street, Stevens Point, WI  54481. Please include the student’s name and ID# on the check.

 Where can I use PointCash?

Many locations accept PointCash. To see an up-to-date list of the locations: PointCash Locations

 What happens to my PointCash balance at the end of the year?

PointCash will stay on your account for as long as you are a registered student at UWSP.

 Can I request a refund of my PointCash?

Patrons that are graduating or otherwise leaving the University can request a refund of PointCash by contacting the PointCard Office. PointCash accounts are closed and refunds are automatically processed if a student does not enroll in the current semester. To receive a refund, your account balance must be at least $20 from which a $10 administrative fee will be deducted. A PointCash refund check for the remaining balance will be mailed to the student’s permanent address.Visit the PointCard Office and complete a refund request form or send us an email request from your UWSP email (so we can verify it is you making the request).

 How much PointCash do I have?

You can check your PointCash balance in various ways:
  • Online using the app or at GET
  • Watch the cash register display for your balance when you make a purchase
  • Ask a cashier at any location that accepts PointCash for your balance
  • Stop at the Cash to Card Kiosk in the DUC or MCCH (Debot next Jan.) an swipe your card to display the balance
  • From the PointCard Office
Please contact the PointCard Office if you have any questions regarding your PointCash account: or 715-346-2012.

Main Campus Meal Plan FAQs

***This content does NOT apply to the Wausau/Marshfield Campuses

 What are Dawg Dollars?

Dawg Dollars are part of your dining plan and can only be used for food items from on-campus Dining and Summer Conferences (DSC) locations: DUC Food Court, Homegrown Café, Common Grounds Café, Lower DeBot Marketplace and Upper DeBot Dining Hall. Purchases made with Dawg Dollars are tax exempt.

 How do I purchase a meal plan?

If you live in a residence hall (other than Suites@201 and Hyer Hall) you will sign up for a meal plan when you complete your housing contract. Suites@201, Hyer Hall and off-campus students may purchase a meal plan at the PointCard Office at any time during the semester with cash, check, PointCash, or by billing their student account. (Meal plans can also be purchased online using this webform - the only payment option for this is by billing the student account.)

 May I use my meal plans for guests?

You may use your Dawg Dollars to treat accompanying guests at all of the DSC locations. All guest purchases will be deducted from your current balance. 

 Where can I use my Dawg Dollars?

Dawg Dollars can be used at the DUC Food Court, Homegrown Café, Common Grounds Café, Lower DeBot Marketplace and Upper DeBot Dining Hall.

 How will the cashier know that I am using Dawg Dollars?

Please tell the cashier how you intend to pay: Dawg Dollars, PointCash or credit/debit card. Also, tell the cashier if you have any guests. The cashier can also do an inquiry on your card to let you know your current balance.

 What if my schedule conflicts with the dining schedule occasionally?

If your schedule occasionally makes it difficult to eat at the DSC locations, you may want to schedule a sack lunch. Sack lunches should be scheduled at least 72 hours in advance at Bag Lunch Request

 How do I cancel my meal plan?

Residence Hall students that leave the university during the semester will have their meal plan cancelled by Residential Living. For specifics see the Residential Living Handbook. Off-campus students and residents of the Suites need to visit the PointCard Office to sign a refund request form. 

 What if I have Special Diet Restrictions?

​DSC can help you with your meal plan selection and any special diet requests. Please contact our Registered Dietitian to discuss your needs. Meal plans exemptions will only be considered with medical documentation and after meeting with the Registered Dietitian. 

Instructions for Uploading an ID Photo to GET

***First-year students who attended a STAR orientation will have their PointCards distributed during the move-in process. All others who upload a picture need to email the PointCard Office with an explanation of why you uploaded a photo. Without this email, we will not know why you uploaded a photo and will not print a card until you visit the PointCard Office.

 Download the PDF here

​​ ​