Welcome to the UWSP Climbing Wall!
The UWSP Climbing Wall is located within the Multi-Activity Center/indoor track of the Health Enhancement Center. The 28 ft. high, 2300 sq. ft. wall was designed and built by the
Eldorado Wall Company. The wall consists of 15 top rope belay stations and up to eight lead climbs. During the academic year, we offer free open climbing sessions for students as well as membership-based sessions for students and community members. The wall is operated by trained UWSP students under the supervision of a full-time recreation specialist. In addition to student-only and membership-based climbing sessions, we also offer belay certification classes, our Kid's Climbing Club and more. For questions or concerns, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-346-2501.
Climbing Wall Hours 2018-19
Hours subject to change; academic year only
Wall Opens September 9, 2018
- UWSP Student-Only
FREE Climbing Sessions: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday – 6-9 p.m.
- Member-Only (Student/Non-Student) Climbing Sessions: Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 7-9 p.m.
- Belay Certification Class: Sunday, Tuesday – 6-7 p.m.
Summer Break (2018): May 14 - Sept. 8
Thanksgiving Week: Closed Nov. 21-25
Fall Semester Commencement/Finals Week: Closed Dec. 10-21
Winter Break/Winterim: Closed Dec. 21 - Jan. 22
Comp Week: TBD
Spring Break: Closed March 15-24
Spring Semester Commencement/Finals Week: Closed May 6-20
Membership Information and Rates
Sign Up and Payment Procedures
- For membership and kids climb sign-up, register online at www.uwspclimb.com. Waivers and membership forms can be filled out electronically while signing up online.
- Physical waivers are available at the wall for student open climb.
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Access to 6 hours of member-only climbing each week
- Harness and belay devices provided FREE of charge
- FREE climbing shoe rentals
- FREE belay certification and belay tag
Memberships for students and non-students offer special access to member-only climbing sessions. Scheduled membership climbing sessions are NOT available to group rentals or general open climbing.
- UWSP-Issued ID card must be presented at the MAC Office before proceeding to the Climbing Wall.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Parent/Guardian is required to sign a Waiver form for each minor.
- Member tag must be shown to staff at the climbing wall every time.
Rates and Fees 2018-19
Fall (Sept 9-Dec 7) and Spring (Jan 27-May 10)
UWSP, ESL and MSTC Students: $30/semester
Non-UWSP Students: $60/semester
Belay Certification/Belay Card System
Belay certification is an option at the climbing wall, but only a requirement if you would like to belay someone. This is to ensure your own safety as well as everyone else using the wall. There is a separate certification for belaying a lead climber. Certification renewal is required once a year. Top rope certification can be acquired during one of our belay certification classes, available during open climb (please note: belay classes stop one hour before close). Once certified, you will receive a belay card.
- All climbers, belay certified or not, MUST sign a waiver. Waivers can be signed in person at the Climbing Wall.
If you're under 18 years of age, a legal guardian must sign the waiver.
Waivers are valid for one year.
UW-Stevens Point Kid's Climb Program
The UWSP Climbing Wall is excited to once again host a youth climbing program for kids and teens ages 5-13. The goal of the UWSP Climbing Wall Kid's Climb Program is to introduce children ages 5-13 of the Stevens Point Community to sport climbing by creating fun and engaging lessons that allow students to gain knowledge, experience and climbing skills. These lessons are excellent for beginners as well as those more experienced, with classes available for beginners through advanced. The program is taught and supervised by trained UWSP Climbing Wall staff.