Coffee and Culture Learning Outcomes:
The purpose of Coffee and Culture is to provide a safe place to discuss culturally focused topics that impact today's society. Participants will have the opportunity to connect with peers and reflect on how to broaden your leadership skills while enhancing the inclusive environment at UWSP.
Coffee and Culture offers programming that invites speakers to engage participants on a variety of culturally relevant topics that have included ethnicity/race, country, classism, gender stereotypes, ability and disability, sexual orientation and preference, mental health, religion and spiritual beliefs and practices, and current cultural issues.
Participants of Coffee and Culture will:
- Have the opportunity to interact and create interpersonal connections with others who differ from them in beliefs, behaviors, values, and views; and who come from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Engage in controversy with civility by having respectful dialogue with others about cultural and systemic differences.
- Be encouraged to reflect on their own cultures and privileges in order to raise up voices of marginalized groups within the campus community and beyond.
We invite each of our presenters to ask the following questions during the presentation:
- Why is (topic) important for student to know more about?
- Are these conversations important?
- What's next? What can I do? What should I do? Providing resources