Dates: May 23-June 21
If you want to work in the world's most dynamic market and be immersed in the rich culture, don't miss the four week China internship program offered by the School of Business & Economics.
During these four weeks, you will:
- Work at a Chinese company as a business intern. Complete a business or economic project related to your field.
- Visit both global and domestic corporations to learn about China's business environment.
- Learn Chinese, interact closely with Chinese college students, and participate in various cultural activities.
- Visit famous sightseeing attractions and be inspired by the history, modernization and natural beauty of China.
- Be inspired by the history, modernization and natural beauty of China.
This program is a 3-credit course that counts as a global elective as well as a major elective for economics (ECON 493) and most of the business administration majors (ECON 493).
Meet the Leaders of the 2014 Summer Trip
Yinglu (Elle) Wu
I joined UW-Stevens Point in fall of 2012 as an assistant professor of marketing. Prior to UWSP, I studied at Louisiana State University. I earned a Ph.D. in Marketing and a M.S. in Applied Statistics from LSU in 2012.
I grew up in a Chinese city, Wuhan, and came to the United States after I graduated from college. Since then, I've been back to China twice. Both times I have been back to China, I was amazed at how much it has changed. I really want to show our students how much energy this market has.
Contact Elle via email here.
We partner with the Chinese Language Institute to build this program for SBE majors. Engagement director Cory Donovan is a SBE graduate and went on the China internship program in 2009.
Having originally joined CLI as a student through the Immersion Program, Cory knows firsthand what it takes to have a successful experience studying in China. His passion for learning Chinese and sharing the language with others led him to become an integral member of the CLI team and continue his stay in Guilin well beyond his original five-month study term. During his time away from the daily quest to elevate CLI's services, Cory continues to work hard toward the ever-elusive goal of complete Mandarin fluency. Cory graduated cum laude from the UW-Stevens Point with a B.S. in Business Administration and is highly proficient in Mandarin Chinese.
Contact Cory via email here.