Master of Business Administration (MBA): Application Information
|Spring 2021 Start
||Oct. 1, 2020
||Dec. 1, 2020
|Fall 2021 Start
June 1, 2021
||July 1, 2021
Application Guide - START HERE!The
MBA Application Guide outlines everything you need to do to submit your application.
University Application: Apply for graduate study at UW-Stevens Point by submitting a
UWSP Graduate Student Application, application fee and official transcripts to the Graduate Admissions Office.
- $56 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts
Program Application: Complete the
School of Business and Economics MBA Application.
- Transcripts, either official or unofficial
- GMAT or GRE examination or waiver request
- Letter of Intent
Admission to UW-Stevens Point MBA in Applied Leadership and Decision-Making is open to those who have completed an undergraduate program at an accredited U.S. college or its equivalent in another country.
The Admission Committee bases its decision on:
- A bachelor’s degree and a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Official college transcripts.
- A satisfactory score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Applicants may request that the graduate admission test be waived.
- Two recommendations from a current or past employer, professor or professional colleague.
Resume and Letter of Intent
- A personal resume and letter of intent, including background qualifications, professional development, and career goals.
- Evidence of business literacy demonstrated through professional experience or business coursework. If you have not completed undergraduate study in business, you may need to complete up to nine (9) credits of foundational coursework in addition to the required 36 MBA credit hours.
Applicants may request that the graduate admission test requirement (GMAT or GRE) be waived. Applicants must submit this request in writing to the Admission Committee before admission. The GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived for applicants who meet one of the following criteria:
- Strong GPA (3.0+) from UW-Stevens Point or other schools holding specialized accredited undergraduate programs.
- Multi-year membership in academic honors fraternities for business or non-business majors.
- Demonstration of six (6) or more years of relevant work experience with at least two (2) years of management and budgetary responsibility.
- Completion of another graduate degree, i.e., master's or Ph.D. degree.
Certification or Licensure
- Completion of a qualified professional certification or licensure.