Office: 338 CPSProfessional Title:
Associate Lecturer of Business
I was part of the insurance industry for 41 years, retiring in 2011 from Sentry Insurance. In those years at Sentry Insurance I was engaged in a career that covered both personal and commercial insurance, including life insurance and 401k plans. My insurance experience covers all aspects of an insurance company’s functions including; sales, underwriting, policy support, actuarial, safety, claims and controller. Contacts in the industry have been a source of industry speakers for the courses I teach.
I have been teaching insurance at UWSP since 1995 and in 2011 expanded the course offering to include insurance company operations.
Activities in the insurance industry include national president of the National Association of Insurance Women, president of Northern WI CPCU chapter, and continued speaking events in the industry. I am also involved in the local Boy Scouts Council, Samoset, as chair of the Enterprise Risk Management committee.
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Bachelor of Science, 1982
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter(CPCU). 1981
- Associate Insurance Accounting and Finance
- Associate in Research and Planning
- Associate in Risk Management
- Associate in General Insurance
Insurance Industry Involvement:
- BSA Health and Safety Committee
- BSA Chair 2017 ERM Summit
- Past President National Association Insurance Women
- Speaker International Association Insurance Professionals
- Speaker Northern Wisconsin CPCU