There are a number of services available on campus to help you be successful, both inside and outside the classroom.
Academic and Career Advising
- Whether you need assistance selecting courses, choosing a major, exploring careers, or searching for a job, advisers are here to help. Professional advisers work with students in five Academic and Career Advising Centers (ACAC) – one in each of the five colleges.
Alliance for Nontraditional Students - A student organization for non-traditional students (ANTS). Office hours are Monday-Friday,
7 a.m.-6 p.m. during the semester.
- All UWSP students have free access to counseling services at the Counseling Center. This office also offers workshops on topics such as communication skills, relaxation techniques, stress management, study skills and time management.
Diversity and College Access
- Sponsors various programs and activities to assist minority students, as well as to increase campus diversity and cultural awareness.
- Offers quality medical care to all UW-Stevens Point students, including lab work, pharmacy, immunizations, minor surgical procedures, physical therapy and physical exams, most of which are prepaid through tuition and fees.
Police and Security Services
- Responsible for campus security, including the Residence Hall Liaison Officer Program, Student Cadets/Escorts and the Student Transit System, which safely transports students back to their residence either on campus or within a five mile radius. They also compile campus crime reports.
- A unique service available to you as a student at UWSP. It's a rental library system where you will check out most of your course books and return them at the end of the semester.
- The place to turn to for academic assistance, like writing and reading tutors, content-area and course-specific tutoring, a computer instructional program and independent writing courses.
- Home of Text Rental, UWSP apparel and gifts, school and office supplies, graduation materials, postal services and much more!
- Coordinates education benefits for student veterans, eligible dependents, Armed Forces Reservists and National Guard members. Also provides claim service for tutorial assistance and VA work study programs.