Early College Credit Program (ECCP)
High school students take college courses on-campus, blended or online, with the high school district pre-approving the courses. High school does not offer a comparable course. Courses are taken for both high school and/or college credit. This program is offered at all three UWSP campuses.
More information about the Early College Credit Program can be found on the
WI DPI website.
- Eligible students in grades: 9-12
- At least a 2.0 cumulative GPA OR
- Top 50% of class with an ACT composite score of 24 or higher.
*If the admission standards are not met, please contact the UW-Stevens Point Early College Credit Program Coordinator. Additional documentation (example, letter of recommendation from high school) will be required.
*First-year and sophomores interested will require a letter of recommendation from high school.
How to Apply:
- Meet with your school counselor to see if taking college courses will work with your schedule and if you are ready to take college courses.
- Complete the University of Wisconsin System:
Early College Credit Program and High School Special Agreement Form.
All required sections, columns and signatures on the form must be completed. Please review on page 2 the responsibilities for student/parent/guardian/foster parent and school district. This form must be completed every semester you are interested in participating in the program.
- Apply to a UW-Stevens Point Campus (Stevens Point, Marshfield or Wausau)
UW System online application.
- Request your high school to send your high school transcript.
- Submit any documentation needed for course prerequisites: ACT scores, AP scores, transcripts from other universities and/or technical colleges. For math, English and foreign language courses, students may be required to take a placement test.
- Submit the
Course Registration form with your final course choices, along with days and times. To view courses visit
UW-Stevens Point Course Timetable.
Send admission documentation to UW-Stevens Point at Marshfield, Attn: Angela Schmidt, 2000 W 5th Street, Marshfield, WI 54449 or email
Early College Credit and High School Special Agreement Form due to School District/school counselor
ECCP form, transcripts, and UW System non-degree application
due to ECCP Contact