Purple and Gold award was established to recognize dedicated students for their
commitment to academic excellence.
Presidential: having a bearing or demeanor befitting of a president (i.e. dignified and confident).
- Must maintain a UW-Stevens Point minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater for each semester in attendance with a maximum of four consecutive semesters AND
- Has remained continuously enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits at the time of disbursal.
- The Presidential
Purple Scholarship will be disbursed at $1,000 over four consecutive
semesters applied to the outstanding tuition balance at the start of each semester (Fall/Spring) as long as the appropriate criteria for eligibility and awarding are met.
- The Presidential Gold Scholarship will be disbursed at $500 over four consecutive semesters applied to the outstanding tuition balance at the start of each semester (Fall/Spring) as long as the appropriate criteria for eligibility and awarding are met.
- Students who lose eligibility due to insufficient GPA may regain eligibility after achieving the required GPA. Other extenuating circumstances may be considered through an appeal with the director of recruitment.
- If a loss of eligibility occurs, a student may request an appeal for reinstatement of the scholarship through the director of recruitment. Appeal forms must be submitted within 2 weeks of grade postings at the end of each semester. Appeal decisions will be made prior to the start of the following semester.
- Students may appeal changes in credit loads that are instructionally required that negatively impact their eligibility for the scholarship.