What is the University Honors Program at UW-Stevens Point?
The mission of the University Honors Program is to foster intellectual curiosity and academically prepare high-achieving students to engage in unique educational experiences, in and outside the classroom, across a wide-ranging curriculum in preparation for lifelong learning.
The University Honors Program allows students to complete their General Education Program (GEP) with more academically rigorous courses led by experienced faculty in highly engaging, personal, seminar-style classes.
Who should join?
High-achievers who want more time to work closely with their professors, who want to engage with other students, and who want to get more from their college experience.
Our Honors Program is flexible enough for any major.
What are the entrance requirements?
Click here for entrance requirements for First-Year Students, transfer students, and international students.
What's in it for me?
- Smaller class sizes with more interaction with professors
- Priority registration every semester
- Opportunities for internships and campus jobs
- Social events
- Workshops offered by the Center for Teaching and Learning
- Recognition at commencement with an honors cord and honors designation on transcript and diploma
- First year students are eligible for the
Students who join the University Honors Program their first year are nearly 20% more likely to stay in school than students who do not join the program.
How do I sign up?
Students who meet the academic requirements will receive a letter from UWSP inviting them into the program. Follow the instructions in the letter to join the University Honors Program!