Head, School of Health Promotion & Human Development
Associate Dean, College of Professional Studies
Associate Professor, Health Promotion and Wellness
Office: 101B CPS
Areas of Expertise
Physical Activity, Exercise Physiology, Wellness, Assessment and Evaluation, Personal Training, Strength and Conditioning, Collective Impact Models and Community Outreach
Current Undergraduate Classes Taught
- HPW 110 Careers in Health Promotion and Wellness
- HPW 312 Exercise Physiology
- HPW 430 Exercise and Nutrition Practicum
- HPW 480 Exercise Programming for Special Populations
- HPW 490 Contemporary Issues in Health Promotion
Current Graduate Classes Taught
- HPW 680 Exercise Programming for Special Populations
- HPW 690 Contemporary Issues in Health Promotion
- Investigating models for community/academic partnerships to enrich opportunities for teaching/learning and to enhance strategies for improving the health of citizens in rural communities throughout central Wisconsin.
- Outstanding Leadership Award
- Faculty Mentor of the Month, November 2009
- Ph.D. Physical Activity, Nutrition, Wellness, Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
- M.A. Kinesiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
- B.A. Nutrition Science, Saint John's University, Collegeville, Minn.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, 2008-current
- Consultant for Stevens Point Area Catholic Schools, 2013-current
- Chief Wellness Officer and Owner for BodSquad Wellness, 2013-current (BodSquadWellness.com)
- Master Instructor for the certified Consumer Wellness Advocate program, 2013-current (MyWellnessRegistry.com)
- Coordinator of UWSP Health Promotion/Wellness undergraduate program, 2010-15
- Consultant/evaluator for Wood County Health Department, Communities Putting Prevention to Work (CPPW) Grant, 2010-12
- Adjunct Faculty, Chandler-Gilbert Community College, 2007-08
Huck, C.J., Jaquish, J. (2015). Functional Bone Performance Measurements and Adaptations using Novel Self-Applied Bone-Loading Exercise Apparatus. Osteoporosis International, 29, Suppl 1, S391-S392.
Huck, C.J. (2015). Effects of Supervised Resistance Training on Fitness and Functional Strength in Patients Succeeding Bariatric Surgery. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 29, 3, 589-595.
Huck, C.J., Johnston, C.S., Beezhold, B.L., & Swan, P.D. (2013). Vitamin C status and perception of effort during exercise in obese adults adhering to a calorie-reduced diet. Nutrition, 29, 1, 42-45.
Huck, C.J., Bronas, U.G., Williamson, E.B., Drahiem, C.C., Duprez, D.A. & Dengel, D.R. (2007). Noninvasive measurements of arterial stiffness: Repeatability and interrelationships with endothelial function and arterial morphology measures. Vascular Health and Risk Management, 3, 3, 343-349.
Wolk,R., Shamsuzzamna, A.S., Svatikova, A., Huyber, C.M., Huck, C., Narkiewicz, K., Somers, V.K. (2005). Hemodynamic and autonomic effects of smokeless tobacco in healthy young men. Journal of American College of Cardiology, 45, 6, 910-914.
- Surviving a Stroke, a Qualitative Examination of the Short and Long Term Effects on the Dimensions of Wellness.
- Surviving Cardiac Arrest, a Qualitative Examination of the Short and Long Term Effects on the Dimensions of Wellness.
Previous Courses Taught
- HP/W 102 Healthy American