By Chancellor Bernie Patterson
As 2016 draws to a close, it’s interesting to look back at how others see UW-Stevens Point. In the past year, we:
- Ranked in the Top 10 public regional universities in the Midwest in U.S. News and World Report’s Best Colleges 2017.
- Ranked No. 3 nationally in the Top 100 Best Value among 1,195 universities for 2017 by the nonprofit Educate-to-Career, based on increase employability and earnings of our graduates.
- Ranked second in the UW System for Best Bang for Your Buck, and in the top 13 percent in the Midwest by Washington Monthly 2016 rankings.
- Became the first university in Wisconsin to have 100 percent of electricity come from renewable sources.
- Were added to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Top 30 College and University list of largest green power users in the nation from the Green Power Partnership.
- Were named a Military Friendly School for the seventh consecutive year by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs®, STEM JobsSM and Military Spouse.