Academic Coaching Overview
The Academic Literacies program allows students to meet with the TLC's Academic Literacies Specialist to set an academic success plan or process in motion.
Academic success strategies include:
- Campus resources awareness
- Time management
- Textbook comprehension
- Learning styles
- Test preparation and test-taking
- Motivation and Goal Setting
- Transitional issues
- Academic probation concerns
There are multiple ways to ensure academic success. It begins with self-knowledge, and continues as you learn to adopt academic success strategies that best fit your needs. Come to the TLC to get started on the road to academic literacy!
Options to work on academic success skills include the academic coaching sessions (listed below), one-on-one meetings and online meetings (for information on either, email
There is no cost associated with Academic Literacies sessions.
Spring 2016 - Academic Coaching Sessions
The academic coaching sessions are presentations on successful study strategies. Each presentation will briefly cover an overview of the services provided by the Tutoring-Learning Center before discussing the topic of the presentation. All are held in room 018F in the Tutoring-Learning Center, which is in the basement of the library.
- Academic Coaching Workshops
- Note-Taking Tuesday, February 28th, 6-7pm
- College Success Skills Wednesday, March 8th 2-3pm
- Time Management Tuesday, March 14th, 4-5pm
- College Success Skills Tuesday, March 28th, 6-7pm
- Study Skills Thursday, April 13th, 4-5pm
- Tips for Preparing for Finals Tuesday, May 9th, 5-6pm
Show up the day of the workshop, or sign-up through SPIN
Academic Literacies Specialist
018 Albertson Hall