Academic Coaching Overview
The Academic Literacies program allows students to meet with the TLC's Academic Literacies Specialist to set an academic success plan or process in motion.
Academic success strategies include:
- Campus resources awareness
- Time management
- Textbook comprehension
- Learning styles
- Test preparation and test-taking
- Motivation and Goal Setting
- Transitional issues
- Academic probation concerns
There are multiple ways to ensure academic success. It begins with self-knowledge, and continues as you learn to adopt academic success strategies that best fit your needs. Come to the TLC to get started on the road to academic literacy!
Options to work on academic success skills include the academic coaching sessions (listed below), one-on-one meetings and online meetings (for information on either, email
There is no cost associated with Academic Literacies sessions.
Fall 2016 - Academic Coaching Sessions
The academic coaching sessions are a string of presentations on successful study strategies. Each presentation will briefly cover time management, memorization, note-taking, and textbook comprehension.You can register for the workshop through the link below, or show up on the day of the presentation.
- Academic Coaching Workshops
- Wednesday, September 14 from 4 to 5 pm
- Wednesday, September 21 from 5 to 6 pm
- Tuesday, October 4 from 3 to 4 pm
- Tuesday, October 18 from 6 to 7 pm
- Tuesday, November 1 from 2 to 3 pm
- Thursday, November 17 from 6 to 7 pm
- Tuesday, November 29 from 6 to 7 pm
- Study for Finals Tips
- Tuesday, December 13 from 3 to 4 pm
- Thursday, December 15 from 6 to 7 pm
Academic Literacies Specialist<
018 Albertson Hall