Become a BACKSTAGE member
The students, faculty and staff are providing the talent. Ticket sales and support from the Student Government Association cover our fundamental production costs. But your support of Backstage provides the enrichment activities that help make our programs great. Here is a list of just some of the ways Backstage in concert with a multitude of efforts campus-wide that has helped enhance the UWSP experience for our students (and audiences):
- Theatre workshops by professional actors and designers including Broadway veterans Michelle Pawk, Andrea Burns, and Andrew Cao;
- Master classes in dance by nationally recognized performers and choreographers including Susan Marshall, Luc Vanier, Eddy Ocampo and Hubbard 2;
- Participation in the American College Dance and Theatre Festivals;
- Participation in our NYC Senior Showcase;
- Recruiting efforts at the Wisconsin High School, Illinois High School and National Theatre Festivals;
- Purchasing a variety of specialized equipment and materials in support of our production season including digital projector lens, stage combat weapons, and tap dance flooring.
All or part of your gift to Backstage may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please check with your tax advisor.
Many corporations will match contributions made by individual employees. If your employer has a matching gift program, please include the matching gift form with your reply. Thank you to those corporations for their willingness to match employee donations.
Your contribution will be acknowledged in each production program, unless you wish to remain anonymous.
- Angel: $1,000 Minimum
- Producer: $750 Minimum
- Artistic Director: $500 Minimum
- Managing Director: $250 Minimum
- Director: $100 Minimum
- Stage Manager: $50 Minimum
To make a gift online, visit the UWSP Foundation secure site and note that your gift is for Backstage.