The American Suzuki Institute provides the opportunity for students, parents and teachers to further their understanding of the philosophy and teachings of Dr. Shinichi Suzuki. The concentrated form of the student classes stimulate and motivate while reinforcing the skills developed in the normal course of study at home. The Institute allows parents to see the success of the Suzuki approach on a grand scale and to enhance the skills they need to help their children learn. Unique to ASI is the extensive Lecture Series on topics sure to enhance your success as a home teacher.
In addition to teaching, the ASI faculty shares its expertise in the extensive ASI Lecture Series, which include a wide range of topics of interest to parents and teachers alike.
The ASI Concert and Recital Series
presents faculty, students, and guest artists in a variety of solo and group performances. With more than 50 concerts in a two-week period all instruments and all levels are represented. The traditional Talent Show
adds a spark of creativity, humor and relaxation to the Institute.
Click on a heading below to see more information.
- Non-musical acts are welcome.
- Specific audition information will be included in your registration packet.
- Acts should be appropriate for a general audience.
- Auditions are required and will take place on Tuesday.
- All are welcome to audition – students, parents, teacher trainees, and faculty.
- Talent show will be held on Thursday evening during the first session and Wednesday evening during the second session.
- This is a great way for students, parents, and teachers to relax, unwind, and have some fun.