UWSP offers more than ten semester-long programs. Unless specifically stated, all programs are open to any and all students eligible for admittance into UWSP. The variety of our programs makes it possible to serve most of the students, nationwide, who are interested in studying abroad.
For a comparison of semester abroad program costs, click here.
Fall or Spring Semester (offered both terms)
The Semester in Britain: London, is based at the University of London Birkbeck. Participants have a wide choice of course options variety of courses from which to choose, although they are not eligible to take all University of London courses. See the factsheet for further details. A UWSP faculty-staff leader will accompany the group on the entry tour and then to London. The same is true of the London Internship offerings.
Internships in London
Direct matriculation programs*: with these trips you will go directly to the university abroad and are able to take all classes there for which you are have the prerequisites:
Liverpool, England *Limerick, Ireland *
Fall Semester Only
(Classes in Poland are taught in English, although 4-8 credits of Polish language are offered. A UWSP faculty leader will accompany the group. )
Spring Semester Only
Foreign Language Programs:
France: Caen **
Germany: Marburg **
Spain: Valladolid **
We suggest you visit the UWSP Foreign Languages Department's website for more information on language courses on campus and also to learn about their scholarship opportunities for UWSP students.
Hungary: Szeged (Classes in Hungary are taught in English, although 4-8 credits of Hungarian language are offered.)
* Requires a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Some exceptions can be made, please contact the office.
** Requires Previous Language Study
UWSP offers its students the opportunity to do part of their student teaching assignment overseas. We work with Educators Abroad LTD: www.educatorsabroad.org For specific advising please contact:
Director of Field Experiences
School of Education
UWSP Student Teaching Abroad Application Form
- UWSP Continuing Education offers international trips to a variety of destinations. No university affiliation is required. Although typically noncredit, university credit may sometimes be arranged. For more information on tours and destinations, click here or contact Kim O’Flaherty, Program Manager, at 715-346-2426.
- UWSP Bicycling & Hiking Adventure Tours
(These tours are administered by the School of Health Promotion and Human Development (HPHD) and not the International Programs Office; please contact HPHD directly for information: email@example.com . They are non-credit programs though interested participants can arrange for UWSP credit at an additional charge.)
- CHINA: UWSP does not currently offer programs in China. We strongly advise students interested in studying abroad in China to explore some of the options open to them through other UW-System universities. Click here to see a list. For these program, you need apply directly to UW-System university's study abroad office and NOT through the International Programs Office at UWSP. However, as with all non-UWSP study abroad programs, there is a form to complete in the UWSP International Programs Office to assure that you can maintain your UWSP student status during your participation -- see the UWSP International Programs Office staff.
All students participating in ANY non-UWSP International Programs MUST fill out this form: Non UWSP Study Abroad and Independent UWSP Study Application.docx
* Requires Previous Language Study
International Programs can assist students in finding credible alternatives for UWSP students whose schedules and/or interests require them to seek study or tours run by other institutions. A good place to start is by visiting the unofficial UW-System Study Abroad website
Back to Top