UW-Stevens Point Residential Living Hall Director Positions
We are committed to providing on-going, comprehensive development for our professional staff. Some of the many opportunities include:
Involvement in professional associations:
- WCPA (Wisconsin College Personnel Association)
- UMR-ACUHO (Upper Midwest Region of the Association of College and University Housing Officers)
- ACUHO-I (Association of College and University Housing Officers-InternationaL)
- ACPA (College Student Educators International)
- NASPA (Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education)
Professional development funds ($800) are available for conference attendance, committee work, workshop presentations, etc.
Creation of a professional development plan is another option. Each hall director can select different experiences to further develop their professional skills in areas of interest. This may include advising student organizations, serving on departmental or campus-wide committees, taking a class, etc. Opportunities are limitless and experiences can be tailored to meet your needs.
Our department hosts a professional development session at least once a month that provides additional opportunity for growth and education.
Collaborative opportunities are available with other student affairs and academic affairs areas including the Student Involvement and Employment Office, Career Services, Academic Advising, Dean of Students Office and many more.