Residence Halls Closing - Spring 2014
All good things come to an end and that includes this spring semester. Spend a few minutes now to review the closing materials you've received from your CA (and are linked below). Check the bulletin boards in your hall and on your floor for additional materials. And, be sure to read the emails sent to you from your hall director and Residential Living staff regarding spring closing. If you have any questions, please contact the Residential Living Office or your hall director.
ALL HALLS CLOSE SATURDAY, MAY 17 AT 10 A.M.
Residents must vacate their rooms within 24 hours of their last final exam or by 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 17, whichever comes first.
If you are participating in commencement, contact your hall director to arrange for a later checkout time - you must preregister for a later checkout time not later than Thursday, May 15.
USE RECYCLING OPPORTUNITIES WHENEVER POSSIBLE
There are a variety of options available during move-out that we encourage you to use to help not only reduce waste disposal, but to encourage the recycling of usable goods (including unopened food items).
- In your hall, continue to use the recycling chutes for glass, paper, and plastics.
- In your hall's front lobby, you'll find a box where you can place canned/dry food items and lightly used clothing (these items will be distributed to the UWSP Cupboard, Goodwill and Salvation Army).
- In each of the quads, there are large tents where you can place re-usable furniture (chairs, tables, futons, couches, etc.). If you see something in a tent that you would like to take home with you, you may do so - all items are available to anyone for re-use.
- In each of the quads, you'll also find a large roll-off garbage bin where you can place large items that are no longer re-usable.
- Near your hall, you'll find the usual small dumpster where you can place regular garbage.
CHECKING OUT OF YOUR ROOM
For a quick overview of steps to complete, watch this video. Remember, there are more detailed lists provided to you on your checkout list and in the Let's Talk Housing: Spring Closing newsletter. Be certain to carefully review these.
Residents of the Suites@201 follow modified versions of the checkout list - contact your CA or hall director for details.
Over the summer, summer staff forward mail sent to your spring address using the information you provide on your forwarding address card (which you will complete during checkout). Please be certain to double-check the address you provide.