Sign In
Open Site Menu

Residential Living

Break Housing

Housing accommodations are available during all academic year breaks - Thanksgiving, winter break and spring break.

Preregistration is strongly recommended. To reserve break space, you must complete a registration form at the Residential Living Office.

Where you will stay during break is dependent upon your current assignment (for winter break, your spring room assignment is considered your "current" assignment) and which halls are open for that break.

Typically, Baldwin, Hyer, Knutzen, Pray-Sims, Smith, Suites@201 and May Roach Halls are open during breaks. May Roach will not be open for the winter break of 2014-15 due to scheduled maintenance.

There is an additional cost for these accommodations. (There is no charge to residents of Hyer Hall or Suites@201; these fees are included in the semester charges for those halls.)

Residents of Hyer Hall and Suites@201 do not need to register for break housing (note that individuals seeking winter break housing in these halls must have an active spring housing contract on file to qualify for accommodations during this break).

Preregistration for break periods begins the first of the month in which the break falls:

  • Thanksgiving break: November 1
  • Winter break: December 1
  • Spring break​: ​March 1