Permission Required - Authorizing Students Screen
Key points regarding the Permission Required (PR) – Authorization of Student screen:
- Follow these steps for authorizing students to enroll in PR sections:
- Select the term.
- Select the curriculum.
- Enter the student’s ID# or SSN# and click Find.
- Verify that you have selected the right student.
- Select the course and section and click Authorize. (Only PR courses appear in menu.)
- NOTE -- to Select and Authorize Students in Multiple Courses and Sections:
- (1) On PC hold down key to click, select, and authorize multiple courses and sections.
- (2) On Mac hold down key to click, select, and authorize multiple
courses and sections.
Students will be sent an email automatically when you grant them PR authorizations. You will be notified automatically by email when students delete their PR authorizations.
- Ø Note that the student’s name will now appear on the list.
NOTE: New students (e.g., new freshmen and transfers) will not receive an email notice since they don’t obtain email accounts until they register.
The status of “PR-Auth” will change to “Registered” when students register for the section. The names of students that do not register will continue to show “PR-Auth” indefinitely.
The name of the person that granted the authorization and the date of the authorization will appear on the list.
If a student is authorized to enroll in a PR section that is closed, the PR authorization will not serve as authorization to enroll in the closed section. They will need specific authorization to enroll in the closed course.
The Limit, Available, and Pending totals include all levels of a slash course (e.g., 300/500).
If only one level of a slash course is PR (e.g. 300 and not 500), only the course and section of the level that is PR will be displayed.