The purpose of the Survey Clearinghouse is to make information about on-going or impending surveys available to the campus community to assure the most efficient use of people's time and campus resources.
All UWSP employees and students shall notify the UWSP Survey Clearinghouse of their intent to conduct campus-wide surveys. Campus-wide means that the entire student, faculty or staff population is being sampled or the entire population is being surveyed. This policy does not pertain to department surveys of their majors or alumni or other small surveys, such as surveys conducted by students as class projects or surveys conducted by faculty in their classes.
Prior to launching a survey, the following information shall be provided the Institutional Research and Effectivenss Office at:
- Who is conducting the survey? Name? Unit/Department/Organization? Phone number? Email?
- Who is being surveyed—faculty, academic staff, all students, senior students, classified staff?
- Will surveys be distributed to the whole population or to a sample? If sampling will be used, how will the sample be selected and how large will it be?
- What is the focus of the survey—student satisfaction, staff needs assessment, perceptions of classroom climate?
- How will the survey be administered—mail, web, email, interviews, in-class?
- When will the data collection begin?
- When will the data collection end?
- Does your survey require IRB approval? If yes, has it been approved?
SelectSurvey - Web-based survey tool supported by UWSP