PE Enrollment/Retention Standards
Enrollment caps for physical education majors are determined
by the School of Education. If you wish to transfer into physical education from
a different UWSP major, you must have a 2.75 cumulative grade point average.
New students must follow these
- Freshmen: Complete a minimum of 30 credits with a 2.50 GPA. These
- P ED 105, 150; Math 100, English 101 and 102, Biology 160, Psychology 110,
and 5 credits of chemistry or physics (23 credits). You must complete these
courses before you can enroll in P ED 200, 201, and 260.
- Sophomores: Complete 60 credits with a 2.60 GPA minimum.
- Juniors: Complete 90 credits with an overall GPA of 2.75 including
all natural science courses. Prerequisites for P ED 331 are acceptance into the
School of Education and director consent.
- Students may apply to the School of Education while enrolled in P ED
- If you fail to meet the above requirements you will not be allowed to
register for professional physical education courses. You may appeal to the
director of physical education.
- There are enrollment caps for admission to the Professional Education
Program. Please consult your adviser in the physical education department for
specific requirements and cap limits.
- Prospective School of Education (SOE) candidates will be evaluated on
Wisconsin Teaching Standards, GPA and PPST rank, personal statement/reflection,
letters of support, and a standardized interview.