Laptop & iPad Checkout Guidelines
The University Library offers laptops, iPads and carrying cases for 3-day loan periods to all UWSP students. Please review the following important guidelines:
- Laptops & iPads may be checked out by registered UWSP students. Laptops & iPads are checked out on a first-come, first-serve basis, and require your student ID card and another form of identification. At this time, there are no reservations or renewals.
- Laptops & iPads are checked out for 3 days and MUST be returned to the Access Services Desk.
- There is a 24-hour wait period between checkouts.
Wireless and Off-Campus Access
- Laptops & iPads may be used with the campus wireless network or off campus. However, they will not be allowed to connect to the wired campus network; in computer labs nor in residence halls.
- Directions for connecting on-campus and off-campus, along with instructions on using e-mail and instant messenger, are located on the desktop of the computer.
- Laptops: students may load software in order to connect to the Internet as needed, and use software that is not provided by UWSP.
- iPads: the iPads are loaded with a standardized set of apps and students will not be allowed to download additional applications.
- $25 fine per day if equipment is returned after the 3-day loan period.
- After five days, the item will be marked as lost, at which time the fees listed below will apply.
Replacement and Repair Fees
- Service fee for missing parts: $15 plus cost of missing parts.
- Repairable chassis damage: $120.
- Cracked or broken LCD: $400.
- Lost, non-returned, or beyond repair laptop:
- Year One: 100% replacement cost
- Year Two: 100% replacement cost
- Year Three: 75% replacement cost
- Year Four: 50% replacement cost
- Costs for repair of damages or replacement of missing parts will be billed to the student's account per a completed IT (Information Technology) work order.
- For additional help with laptop guidelines, please contact Denise Heimstead (ext. 4428) or the Access Services Desk (ext. 2540).
- For hardware, software or connection problems, please see the Lab Assistant in LRC 110 Computer Lab (ext. 4773) or contact the Help Desk (ext. 4357).