Universal Borrowing (UB)
What is UB?
- UB enables UWSP users to borrow materials from other UW System campus libraries and receive them in 2-3 working days.
- Pointers may use their UWSP identification cards to check out materials from other UW System libraries.
Items Available Through UB
UWSP students, staff and faculty may borrow books, most IMC items and government documents. Some types of items such as periodicals, articles, reference and reserve materials will not be available. Use Interlibrary Loan (ILL) for articles and other materials not available through UB.
Making Requests Through Search@UW
If UWSP does not own an item or if the item is checked out, you may request it using UB.
- Look for the item in UWSP Library's search bar Search@UW.
- If UWSP does not own the item, select Books & Media (UW System) in the search bar dropdown menu.
- Enter the item's title in the search bar and click Search.
- If the item is available at another UW System campus library or if UWSP's copy is checked out, click the Request link directly below the item.
- Sign in with your UWSP username and password or with your UWSP identification number and last name.
- A form will appear. In the Select Library box, choose the campus that owns the item.
- After you have identified the lending library, the Select Item box should fill in automatically.
- Make sure the Pickup Library is UW Stevens Point.
- Click the Create UB Request button.
Making UB Requests Through the UWSP Library Catalog
If UWSP does not own an item or it is checked out, you may request it using UB.
- From the UWSP Library's online catalog, select Other Catalogs.
- Select libraries or click the Check All button to access other UW System library catalogs.
- Click the Select button.
- After you have connected, search for the item you wish to borrow.
- When you find the item, click on the title to open the record.
- In box on the right, click Make a Request.
- Enter your UWSP identification number and your last name.
- Click Request from another UW Library.
- A form will appear. Enter your UWSP identification number again.
- Make sure the Pickup Library is UW - Stevens Point.
- Click Submit.
Item Notification and Pickup
You will be notified of the arrival of your requested items by email or telephone. The item will be held for you at the UWSP Library circulation desk. You will have seven days to pick up your requested items.
Checking Your Patron Record/Due Dates
You can check the status of your requests by selecting My Account located at the top of Library's online catalog page. You are allowed one renewal and must renew from your patron record.
Items are due in four weeks* and can be renewed online for one more four-week period. *Semester checkout for faculty.
Returning UB Materials
UW System library materials may be returned to any UW System library.
Problems or Questions
Contact Andy Pech (715-346-4214)