What is UW Borrowing?
- UW Borrowing enables UWSP users to borrow materials from other UW System campus libraries and receive them in 2-3 working days.
- Pointers may use their UWSP identification cards to check out materials from other UW System libraries.
Items Available Through UW Borrowing
UWSP students, staff and faculty may borrow books, most IMC items and government documents. Some types of items such as periodicals, articles, reference and reserve materials will not be available. Use Interlibrary Loan (ILL) for articles and other materials not available through UB.
Making Requests Through Search@UW
If UWSP does not own an item or if the item is checked out, you may request it using UB.
- Look for the item in UWSP Library's search bar Search@UW.
- If UWSP does not own the item, select Books & Media (UW System) in the search bar dropdown menu.
- Enter the item's title in the search bar and click Search.
- If the item is available at another UW System campus library or if UWSP's copy is checked out, click the Get It link directly below the item.
- Sign in with your UWSP username and password or with your UWSP identification number and last name (look for Sign-in for more options").
- Select UW Request. A form will appear. Review information to ensure this is the proper item.
- Make sure the Pickup Library is UW Stevens Point.
- Click the Request button.
Item Notification and Pickup
You will be notified of the arrival of your requested items by email or telephone. The item will be held for you at the UWSP Library Access Services desk. You will have seven days to pick up your requested items.
Checking Your Patron Record/Due Dates
You can check the status of your requests by selecting My Account located at the top of the Search@UW page. You are allowed one renewal and must renew from your patron record.
Items are due in four weeks* and can be renewed online for one more four-week period. *Semester checkout for faculty.
UW System library materials may be returned to any UW System library.
Problems or Questions
Contact Andy Pech (715-346-4214)