Overview of Collection
The library maintains an in-depth, retrospective collection of scholarly journals, magazines and newspapers in print, microform, and online formats. Periodical titles are chosen carefully to support the university curriculum and research.
Print periodicals are shelved in five areas:
- Bound periodicals (2nd floor)
- Compact Periodicals (6th floor)
- Current periodicals (2nd floor)
- Microforms (2nd floor) — Library Use Only
- Newspapers (2nd floor) — Library Use Only
Use Search@UW to determine if the Library has a particular print periodical issue.
Online periodicals may be accessed through Journal Finder.
All print items, with the exception of newspapers and microforms, may be checked out with a current UWSP ID or Guest Card. You will be fined for overdue materials which may be paid at the Access Services Desk on first floor.
||Faculty & Staff
|Bound / Compact
1 renewal only for faculty/staff. No renewals for students or community users. Contact Sara Weisensel (715-346-4202) for information.
The following equipment is available for your convenience:
- Self-service photocopiers ($.10)
- Scan and email (free)
- Microfilm copiers ($.10)
There is also a photocopy service available for UWSP Faculty.
Requesting a New Periodical Subscription
If you would like to suggest that the library begin a new subscription please fill out the New Periodical Subscription Request form. The Library will consider the following factors when evaluating new periodical requests:
- Cost of the periodical
- Courses/Programs it will support
- What databases the periodical is indexed in
- Availability at other UW Campuses